The IATI Technical Community has been co-created with members of the wider IATI Community. This page provides a first overview of the initial thematic scope and possible activities of this COP. Its goals and activities reflect the current needs and preferences of the COP and will be updated and revised at least annually. Membership of IATI COPs is open to anyone with an interest in the subject matter.
Based on input received during Community consultations, the following are the initial goals for the Technical Community:
- Feed into development and strengthening of the IATI Standard and IATI’s products and tools (e.g. digital estate, publishing guidance, etc.), ensuring that they increasingly meet the needs of publishers and data users, by providing inputs to consultations hosted by the Secretariat on IATI Connect.
- Ensure that the IATI Standard remains viable in the long-term: help support both long-term visioning and day-to-day technical functioning of the Standard (flagging issues, etc.).
- Ensure representation from a diverse set of stakeholders in proposing technical solutions and increase focus on engagement with governments, organisations and networks in the Global South.
COMMUNITY NORMS AND PRINCIPLES
The following are primary guiding principles and community norms considered especially important for the Technical Community :
- Inclusiveness and recognising the need to ensure space for a diversity of viewpoints and levels of technical expertise. This may necessitate creating spaces within the COP to accommodate and translate conversations to differing levels of technical expertise, ensuring that the majority of conversations are accessible to a wide audience, which may include, for instance, colleagues from IT, policy, finance, standards writing, etc.
- Encouraging a diversity of viewpoints to technical solutions and reviewing challenges from different angles.
- Collaboration and cross-fertilisation amongst COPs, ensuring that discussions and activities are not solely confined to the Technical COP, but, where relevant, bring in expertise from members of the wider IATI community.
- Transparency to ensure that all shared information is open and freely accessible to all.
- Membership of the Technical COP is open to anyone with an interest in the subject matter.
WHY JOIN THIS COMMUNITY?
- Help ensure responsiveness of the IATI Standard to the needs of the data publishing and data use communities.
- Provide input into changes to the IATI Standard and official IATI products and tools, ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- Network with peers for professional development.
- Share and experiment with new ideas.