We maintain or support a number of codelists. Embedded codelists belong to IATI and can only be updated through an upgrade as their modification may have functional implications. Non-embedded codelists either belong to third parties or belong to IATI but can be updated, subject to consultation, as needed.
There are currently a number of issues requiring clarification:
- How best to handle versioning of codelists
- How to keep non embedded codelists up to date
- Should all external vocabularies be imported into their own IATI-duplicated codelist like OECD DAC CRS Sector codes
- Change status of vocabulary codelists from embedded to non-embedded?
- How do we ensure only valid lists get added as a codelist vocabulary