The IATI Technical Team has released v1.3.0 of Datastore Search to enhance the experience of data users. We’ve implemented the following enhancements and bug fixes since v1.2.0 was released in mid April:
- Activity narrative languages: Many languages are used in IATI activities, narratives of all languages are searched and have the possibility to match a search query. Users will be shown a narrative in the language that matches their search term, or if not possible the narrative shown will default to English (if available in the XML). We have built the logic to allow us in the future to return results in the language of the browser (if available in the XML).
- Return relevant columns: the size of transaction and budget files has been causing issues for users. To help streamline the file size we have removed budget data from transaction downloads and transaction data from budget downloads. See further details on GitHub.
- Validation when importing filters: When you try to import a set of JSON filters Datastore Search now checks the validity of the file before making the import. Users will be notified if an import file can’t be imported.
- Validation on advanced searches: We’ve increased the validation on advanced searches, preventing users from running a query that has no value selected for a “Select from …” filter.
- Small bug fixes: these improvements include clearing search results when moving from Advanced to Simple search, importing date filters now work as expected, the about page looks better on smaller screens, adding necessary dependency updates.
Full details of the changes can be seen in the GitHub release notes. Many thanks to those who have used IATI Datastore Search and provided feedback and suggestions for improvements and new features. We continue to welcome all user feedback - do post comments below or email email@example.com
IATI Technical Team