Work towards harmonised and aligned publishing guidelines set by donors.
Initially this group will focus on encouraging the following:
- Requirements across different donors are streamlined, compatible and follow IATI Standard guidance. Review documentation available to address specific issues identified by grantees.
- Reporting guidance for different types of organisations is aligned as much as possible, including academic institutions, multilateral organisations, CSO’s and the private sector.
- Support is provided for all publishers facing a mandatory IATI publishing requirement.
- Any new donors considering mandating publishing to IATI to the recipients of their support are invited to join the sub-group. In addition to government agencies, this might also include CSO’s or multilateral organisations considering mandatory IATI publication by their partners. We can support these organisations to align their reporting requirements and share learning.
- Sub-group members meet regularly, e.g. quarterly, to address any issues arising from grantees and others.
- A Chair (who acts as a moderator within the sub-group) is assigned from within the group.
Positioned within the wider Data Publishing COP, this sub-group will add value by ensuring that these efforts result in the kind of transparency developing countries really need, and opens the door for conversations involving other interested members, as and when those data user perspectives would be helpful.