Welcome at the Donor Harmonisation Group!
Aim: To share learning amongst donors requiring or considering requiring downstream IATI publication, and to help improve IATI publication and data use by working towards aligning publishing guidelines, ensuring they do not conflict
Issue: There are currently three governments requiring downstream partners to publish their data to IATI, with others in the process of considering whether to do so. Each donor requires the partners to publish more information than the minimal IATI Standard, and to publish slightly different information. How much of a burden is this to publishers? What can be done to address this? What kind of support is needed for publishers in terms of meeting individual donor requirements? For those considering requiring partners to publish, what lessons can be shared?
Membership: Members of the sub-group are those governments that mandate publication by downstream partners, and those considering doing so. Membership currently includes the Netherlands, Belgium, UK, Denmark and Sweden. Any organisations considering mandating publishing to IATI to the recipients of their support are invited to join the sub-group.
Invited guests can include organisations such as CSOs, private sector providers, or multilateral organisations that need to implement the recommendations.
Scope: Initially, this group will:
- Compare the different parts of the standard required by each mandating donor, and its differences with the IATI standard requirements
- Invite partners to share views and discuss issues raised as a consequence of holding different guidance
- Review documentation available to address specific issues identified by grantees.
- Work towards streamlined requirements including ensuring that reporting guidance for different types of organisations is aligned as far as possible, including academic institutions, multilateral organisations, CSO’s and the private sector.
- Share learning amongst donors in relation to their guidelines and requirements of partners, and the levels of training and support given to partners to meet the guidelines
- Consider how to ensure that support is provided for all publishers facing a mandatory IATI publishing requirement.
- Support new organisations to align their reporting requirements and share learning.
Chair: Chair, acting as a moderator, rotates amongst the members, and is designated at the previous meeting.
Frequency: Six weekly to quarterly online meetings. The Chair will work with a member of the IATI Secretariat to send out an agenda and organise the meeting timings.
For any questions related to the Donor Harmonisation Group please contact the IATI Secretariat via firstname.lastname@example.org